Each Scout Troop consists of small units of six to eight Scouts called a Patrol, usually led by a Patrol Leader. Outdoor activities feature prominently, with the highlight being camping. Throughout the year, Scouts learn various skills, such as map reading, camp cooking and first aid in preparation for camp.
Rock climbing, potholing, gliding, photography and international experiences are just some of the things they get up to.
Typically Croydon scouts meet with other Scouts in the district to undertake the following activates
- January – District Swimming Gala
- February – Patrol Leaders Training
- February – First Aid
- February – Pioneering Day
- April – Survival (Part 1)
- April – Cub/Scout Link Skills Day
- April – Leaders Survival Weekend
- May – Checkpoint Challenge
- June – Adkin Camping Challenge
- July – Water Activities Day
- September – Survival (Part 2)
- October – Indoor Cooking Competition
Click on the image below to see a larger image of the Scout Uniform